Academic and Personal Elements Custom Essay Assignment Paper
Academic and Personal Elements Custom Essay Assignment Paper
I have written a personal statement, but I would like that to be reviewed and added to in order to make it sound better and look more professional, following the guidelines below. Also I would like to read it after it’s completed to make sure I approve and I am satisfied. Here is my personal statement:
As I was reading a chapter in my Psychology book, this quarter, I came across this question: “Could you survive if you had to live entirely alone?” And I have to admit growing up in a third world country wasn’t easy but it forced me to learn survival skills like, growing my own food, sawing my own clothes, prepare food at a very young age. I was born in Romania, in a very modest family, but at 6 years old I developed an interest in reading, so the fact that all the kids on my street watched cartoons, and I didn’t because my parents couldn’t afford a tv, didn’t bother me much because I had my books and my imagination. I was a good student starting fist grade through high school, not the best, but I never believed that having straight A’s is what defines you as actually being the smartest. I moved to Seattle in 2001, to a complete different country, learning a another language and starting a new life made me realize that I am strong enough to do anything, even survive entirely alone on an island.
By nature I am a very determined person and I don’t give up easily. It took me some time to learn the language, but as soon as I did I started working on my education, and also worked on starting my own business, caring for the elderly. And that is when I decided to study nursing. I felt like I needed more knowledge in order to be able to provide my clients with the best care. While working on starting a family I found time to take some prerequisites. My plan was to have 2 children before I would get into the nursing program so I could then just focus on that, because I have heard it’s a pretty intense program. But life doesn’t follow your plan, it just happens, not very long after I was notified I was accepted into the nursing program, my mother was diagnosed with stage 4 maliocarcinoma metastaic. I gave up my plans and devoted my time to take care of my mother, and I have not regretted any minute of it because it was the most fulfilling experience I have had so far in my life. And it’s what made me realize, I didn’t want to be a nurse, not because I wouldn’t be a good one, but because I think I would be a better Counselor. I have always been intrigued by the human mind and behavior and how they work, and even though up until that point, psychology was a subject I was fascinated by, I think I could turn that hobby into a career and really succeed. There are so many people out there in desperate need of guidance, but not very many Psychologists that have passion and the personal experience to fully understand what people expect from their counselor.
I am at a point in my life where I have accomplished most of my goals, I have a beautiful family, an amazing husband who’s been supportive through all the pain and grief, three incredibly smart children (I had to try for a girl), and a very successful business, doing what I love. I think it is now time to focus on my career as a Psychology Counselor, I believe my enthusiasm for this subject, along with my life experiences makes me a great candidate for your Associate of Arts in Psychology degree at Washington University. I have done my research and also have friends and family that have studied at your University and found only great things. All I am asking is for an opportunity to study at this prestigious University and learn from your teachers. I am passionate about studying Psychology, and after completing my Associate of Science in Psychology I intend to extend my knowledge and continue studying for my master degree in Counceling Psychology.
I will copy and paste the requirements:
The personal statement should be a comprehensive narrative essay outlining significant aspects of your academic and personal history, particularly those that provide context for your academic achievements and educational choices. Quality of writing and depth of content both contribute toward a meaningful and relevant personal statement.
I. Address the following topics:
A. Academic Elements (required)
• Academic History • Tell us about your college career to date, describing your performance, educational path and choices.
• Explain any situations that may have had a significant positive or negative impact on your academic progress and/or curricular choices. If you transferred multiple times, had a significant break in your education, or changed career paths, explain.
• What are the specific reasons you wish to leave your most recent college/university and/or program of study?
• Your Major and/or Career Goals • Tell us about your intended major and career aspirations.
• Are you prepared to enter your intended major at this time? If not, describe your plans for preparing for the major. What led you to choose this major? If you are still undecided, why? What type of career are you most likely to pursue after finishing your education?
• How will the UW help you attain your academic, career, and/or personal goals?
B. Personal Elements (required)
• Cultural Understanding • Thoughtfully describe the ways in which culture had an impact on your life and what you have learned about yourself and society as a result. How has your own cultural history enriched and/or challenged you?
• NOTE: Culture may be defined broadly. Cultural understanding is often drawn from the ethnic background, customs, values, and ideas of a person’s immediate family, community, and/or social environment in which they live.
• Educational Challenges / Personal Hardships (if applicable) • Describe any personal or imposed challenges or hardships you have overcome in pursuing your education.
• Examples: a serious illness, a disability, first generation in your family to attend college, significant financial hardship or responsibilities associated with balancing work, family and school.
• Community, Military, or Volunteer Service (if applicable) • Describe your community, Military, or volunteer service, including leadership, awards, or increased levels of responsibility.
• Experiential Learning (if applicable) • Describe your involvement in research, artistic endeavors, and work (paid or volunteer), as they have contributed to your academic, career or personal goals.
Additional Comments (optional)
Do you have a compelling academic or personal need to attend the University of Washington-Seattle at this time? Is there anything else you would like us to know?
II. Personal Statement Format
Content as well as form, spelling, grammar, and punctuation, will be considered. Suggested length is 750-1000 words.
• Online: You should write your statement first in a word processing program (such as Word) or a text editor, and then copy/paste it into the text box provided. All line breaks remain. However, some formatting may be lost, such as bold, italics and underlines. This will not affect the evaluation of your application!
• PDF: Type or write your statement on 8.5×11” white paper. Double-space your lines, and use only one side of each sheet. Print your name, the words “Personal Statement,” and the date at the top of each page, and attach the pages to your application.
The time to relieve your academic stress is now. Never again should you struggle with your pressing nursing assignments when the best nursing essay writers got you covered. Our Top Nursing Essays writing service got your back!
If you need help with your nursing paper, We are your ultimate nursing assignment writing helper. Our professional top nursing paper writers are always ready to tackle even the hardest of nursing papers. Get in touch. Order today and Always.
Best site that aces nursing assignments and the best place to get top nursing essays done.
Our top nursing essay writers are well experienced in writing nursing papers and are thereby able to tackle any topic around Nursing, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Pedagogy, Gynecological, Medicine & Health, Healthcare, Nutrition, or Pharmacology.
We guarantee customer satisfaction to all our clients.
Order nursing papers crafted by our top nursing essay writers for a guaranteed A++ nursing paper.
Let our professional nursing paper writers be there for you. Our top nursing essay writing service comprises 100% Plagiarism-Free Papers, On-Time Delivery, 24/7 Support, and Full Confidentiality.
Factors that make us special:
- We handle assignments for all nursing courses. So, don’t worry about the topic of the essay you want, we are ready to help you with your assignment regardless of the course or topic.
- Our writers read, understand, and follow one by one, the instructions provided to deliver the most accurate essays. We offer the correct form and style of essays.
- You can be sure the paper will have proper references based on the type of citation style you choose.
- You can always work with the same writer you liked. You can include the writer’s ID in the order form and we will ensure your expectations are met. We have writers who are experienced in all areas of study.
- Affordable services. Relax! we are not expensive, by the way, our prices are fair for the writers, but affordable to you as a customer. We will offer you a discount to try our services. Become part of our loyalty discount program by coming back for more and more services.
- We have a very flexible pricing system. The good news is that we let you choose from five quality levels, from High School to Ph.D. We also let you choose from different deadlines, from 5/6 hours to 20 days.