ANTI-TUBERCULARS Essay Assignment Paper
ANTI-TUBERCULARS Essay Assignment Paper
Wanda McKay is 36 years old and homeless, although she sleeps in a shelter nightly and has been going to a day programfor the past5 weeks, where she showers, receives hermail, gets some counseling, and has hermeals. She is being treated daily for tuberculosis with directly observed therapy (DOT) and has been receiving this treatment for the last 6 months. She had a tubal ligation 5 years ago with no complications and is not currently sexually active. She was last tested for HIV and hepatitis C 2 months ago and was negative. She has been vaccinated for hepatitis B. She drinks, but does notuse drugs, and hasnot been prescribed any psychiatric medications. When she was admitted into the day treatment program, her hospital records were sentindicating that she is sputumculture negative, so she is not a risk to others in closequarters.
When hernurse comes to the day programto administer her meds today, she notices that the sclera of her eyeshave a yellow tintto them. She is broughtinto the mobile center and examined by the nurse practitioner.Data obtained fromthe nursing assessment includethe following:
•The patient complains of abdominal pain, nausea.
•The patient is tender to palpation of liver.
•Chest x-ray clear
•Vital signs: temperature, 100.2°F; pulse, 88;respirations, 20; blood pressure, 130/80
The patient’s current medications include:isoniazid, 300 mg q day;rifampin, 600mg q day; and ethambutol, 800mg q day.
1. Provide therationale for whyMs. McKay is prescribedthis combination ofdrugs. (5 pts)
2. Whatcontraindications or precautions would eliminate the use ofthese drugsfor Ms.
3. What patient variables are most important to consider forMs. McKay when assessing her drug therapy?(10 pts)
4. Whataspects of core drug knowledge(pharmacotherapeutics, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics)are especially relevantto consider because they may interact with the patient variables?(5 pts)
5. Which of the findings fromthe nursing assessmentdemonstrate the effectiveness of drug therapy?(5 pts)
6. Which of the findings fromthe nursing assessmentdemonstrate possible adverse effects from the drug therapy?(5 pts)
7. Whatnursingactions are indicated to maximize therapeutic effects?(5 pts)
8. Whatnursingactions are indicated to minimize adverse effects?(5 pts)
9. What teaching is required forMs. McKay regardingherdrug therapy?Include list of any additional data needed to determine appropriate teaching.(5 pts)
The time to relieve your academic stress is now. Never again should you struggle with your pressing nursing assignments when the best nursing essay writers got you covered. Our Top Nursing Essays writing service got your back!
If you need help with your nursing paper, We are your ultimate nursing assignment writing helper. Our professional top nursing paper writers are always ready to tackle even the hardest of nursing papers. Get in touch. Order today and Always.
Best site that aces nursing assignments and the best place to get top nursing essays done.
Our top nursing essay writers are well experienced in writing nursing papers and are thereby able to tackle any topic around Nursing, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Pedagogy, Gynecological, Medicine & Health, Healthcare, Nutrition, or Pharmacology.
We guarantee customer satisfaction to all our clients.
Order nursing papers crafted by our top nursing essay writers for a guaranteed A++ nursing paper.
Let our professional nursing paper writers be there for you. Our top nursing essay writing service comprises 100% Plagiarism-Free Papers, On-Time Delivery, 24/7 Support, and Full Confidentiality.
Factors that make us special:
- We handle assignments for all nursing courses. So, don’t worry about the topic of the essay you want, we are ready to help you with your assignment regardless of the course or topic.
- Our writers read, understand, and follow one by one, the instructions provided to deliver the most accurate essays. We offer the correct form and style of essays.
- You can be sure the paper will have proper references based on the type of citation style you choose.
- You can always work with the same writer you liked. You can include the writer’s ID in the order form and we will ensure your expectations are met. We have writers who are experienced in all areas of study.
- Affordable services. Relax! we are not expensive, by the way, our prices are fair for the writers, but affordable to you as a customer. We will offer you a discount to try our services. Become part of our loyalty discount program by coming back for more and more services.
- We have a very flexible pricing system. The good news is that we let you choose from five quality levels, from High School to Ph.D. We also let you choose from different deadlines, from 5/6 hours to 20 days.