CASE STUDY :Issues in Managed Care Essay Assignment Paper
CASE STUDY :Issues in Managed Care Essay Assignment Paper
Moreno Medical Center (MMC) is a 600-bed, full-service acute care facility located in the Northwest Kelsey community. The hospital is a physician-owned, for-profit hospital that takes pride in the provider-patient relationship. With recent changes in managed care, every dollar, process, and interest of the patient serves as a common ground for making an organization more efficient.
To remain competitive in the marketplace, the management team at MMC decided to take a look at various processes within the hospital and noted that the overall patient experience in the outpatient surgical clinic was less than satisfactory. The main problem seems to focus on long delays throughout the entire admission to discharge process. If the hospital wants to maintain its competitive position, the administration will have to redesign the current process to improve patient satisfaction.
The hospital administration appointed an internal quality consultant to facilitate the planning process. The quality consultant for this new organizational role is an experienced intensive care RN with a business degree. She understands that health care is a personal encounter and that patients and families expect to have their priority needs met when experiencing a health care issue.
The quality consultant decided to work closely with the surgical department RN administrator who would be a powerful change agent in leading the improvement process. During the review of the surgical department processes, the administrator and consultant identified several major issues:
- Surgeons delaying surgery times causing backlog of surgery schedule
- Other hospital departments (e.g., admitting, finance, lab) conducting separate encounters with surgical patients without regard to the surgery schedule
- Long wait times for patient transportation from surgical area to recovery room
- Ancillary staff providing patient discharge instructions when nurses are busy
- Nursing staff displaying a culture that the procedure, not the patient, is the priority
The surgical department RN administrator acknowledges that changes need to occur and the new process must be guided by what is in the best interest of the patient. He developed a new vision statement for the department with its first priority to provide a patient and family focused quality care culture.
Review the introduction videos and organizational charts.
Read the case study detailing key issues that have been identified at MMC.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you:
- Analyze MMC’s characteristics and organizational structure to determine how they could be affecting patient satisfaction in both positive and negative ways.
- Could reorganization help drive better patient outcomes?
- Does the current structure empower nurses to provide the best patient care possible?
- Analyze social and cultural aspects of MMC that could be exacerbating or helping resolve admission and discharge issues.
- Are the right individuals involved in the admission and discharge process or do roles and team dynamics contribute to the issue?
- Assess the responsibilities of MMC leaders and managers to act as change agents in mitigating the patient satisfaction issues.
- What actions have already been taken and what other actions would you suggest to make a greater impact?
- Analyze how delegation is contributing to or improving MMC’s issues.
- Analyze how MMC’s staffing and performance evaluations could help improve overall patient satisfaction.
Cite at least five peer-reviewed, scholarly reference that are less than five years old to support your assignment.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines, and include an APA-formatted reference page.
The time to relieve your academic stress is now. Never again should you struggle with your pressing nursing assignments when the best nursing essay writers got you covered. Our Top Nursing Essays writing service got your back!
If you need help with your nursing paper, We are your ultimate nursing assignment writing helper. Our professional top nursing paper writers are always ready to tackle even the hardest of nursing papers. Get in touch. Order today and Always.
Best site that aces nursing assignments and the best place to get top nursing essays done.
Our top nursing essay writers are well experienced in writing nursing papers and are thereby able to tackle any topic around Nursing, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Pedagogy, Gynecological, Medicine & Health, Healthcare, Nutrition, or Pharmacology.
We guarantee customer satisfaction to all our clients.
Order nursing papers crafted by our top nursing essay writers for a guaranteed A++ nursing paper.
Let our professional nursing paper writers be there for you. Our top nursing essay writing service comprises 100% Plagiarism-Free Papers, On-Time Delivery, 24/7 Support, and Full Confidentiality.
Factors that make us special:
- We handle assignments for all nursing courses. So, don’t worry about the topic of the essay you want, we are ready to help you with your assignment regardless of the course or topic.
- Our writers read, understand, and follow one by one, the instructions provided to deliver the most accurate essays. We offer the correct form and style of essays.
- You can be sure the paper will have proper references based on the type of citation style you choose.
- You can always work with the same writer you liked. You can include the writer’s ID in the order form and we will ensure your expectations are met. We have writers who are experienced in all areas of study.
- Affordable services. Relax! we are not expensive, by the way, our prices are fair for the writers, but affordable to you as a customer. We will offer you a discount to try our services. Become part of our loyalty discount program by coming back for more and more services.
- We have a very flexible pricing system. The good news is that we let you choose from five quality levels, from High School to Ph.D. We also let you choose from different deadlines, from 5/6 hours to 20 days.