MEDICAL LAW Essay Assignment Paper
MEDICAL LAW Essay Assignment Paper
Marion is a 92-year-old patient who weighs 78 pounds. She has had poor eating habits for at least 20 years and refused all attempts by her two daughters to improve her nutrition. In addition, Marion had been a heavy smoker all her life and suffered frequent respiratory problems. During the past two years she has become quite forgetful, has suffered a broken hip as a result of a fall out of bed, and has been treated for pneumonia. Her daughters, who have their own family responsibilities and cannot bring their mother to live with them, have found an excellent nursing home near them. In spite of Marion’s protests, she enters the nursing home. However, she quickly adjusts to her new home and likes the care and the attention that she receives.
During her third week in the nursing home, Marion develops a cough, high temperature, and respiratory problems. She is hospitalized with a diagnosis of pneumonia. Marion immediately becomes disoriented and attempts to remove her intravenous and oxygen tubing. Since she tried to climb out of bed, her daughters must remain at her side. The attending physician tells the daughters that in addition to treatment for pneumonia, Marion will also need to have a pacemaker inserted to regulate her heartbeat. Marion would then be unable to return to the nursing home since the facility is not equipped to care for someone recovering from surgery.
One of Marion’s daughters has been granted a medical power of attorney for her mother. Before Marion became confused, she clearly explained to her daughters her wishes not to receive extraordinary measures to prolong her life. She also signed a living will indicating her wishes. After thoughtful discussion with other family members, Marion’s daughters tell the physician that they do not want to put their confused mother through the surgical procedure. They state that they want to spare her the pain of recovery from a surgical procedure since she is quite confused and elderly. Further, they are concerned that their mother will not survive an anesthetic and a surgical procedure in her frail condition.
The physician seems to be understanding of this decision. He says that he will place their request in Marion’s chart not to have the pacemaker inserted. However, the floor nurses take the daughters aside on several occasions to tell them that this is not a dangerous procedure and that they need to sign a permit for surgery. In fact, the nurses make the daughters feel that they are not acting in their mother’s best interests by not signing the surgical permit. Marion returns to the nursing home without a pacemaker. She lives another four years without any cardiac problems.
1. Were the nurses carrying out their responsibility as licensed healthcare professionals or were they overstepping their role?
2. Were Marion’s daughters acting in the best interests of their mother since they knew that if she had the surgery she could not return to the nursing home where she was receiving good care?
3. What should happen when a physician agrees with the family members and the nursing staff does not?
The time to relieve your academic stress is now. Never again should you struggle with your pressing nursing assignments when the best nursing essay writers got you covered. Our Top Nursing Essays writing service got your back!
If you need help with your nursing paper, We are your ultimate nursing assignment writing helper. Our professional top nursing paper writers are always ready to tackle even the hardest of nursing papers. Get in touch. Order today and Always.
Best site that aces nursing assignments and the best place to get top nursing essays done.
Our top nursing essay writers are well experienced in writing nursing papers and are thereby able to tackle any topic around Nursing, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Pedagogy, Gynecological, Medicine & Health, Healthcare, Nutrition, or Pharmacology.
We guarantee customer satisfaction to all our clients.
Order nursing papers crafted by our top nursing essay writers for a guaranteed A++ nursing paper.
Let our professional nursing paper writers be there for you. Our top nursing essay writing service comprises 100% Plagiarism-Free Papers, On-Time Delivery, 24/7 Support, and Full Confidentiality.
Factors that make us special:
- We handle assignments for all nursing courses. So, don’t worry about the topic of the essay you want, we are ready to help you with your assignment regardless of the course or topic.
- Our writers read, understand, and follow one by one, the instructions provided to deliver the most accurate essays. We offer the correct form and style of essays.
- You can be sure the paper will have proper references based on the type of citation style you choose.
- You can always work with the same writer you liked. You can include the writer’s ID in the order form and we will ensure your expectations are met. We have writers who are experienced in all areas of study.
- Affordable services. Relax! we are not expensive, by the way, our prices are fair for the writers, but affordable to you as a customer. We will offer you a discount to try our services. Become part of our loyalty discount program by coming back for more and more services.
- We have a very flexible pricing system. The good news is that we let you choose from five quality levels, from High School to Ph.D. We also let you choose from different deadlines, from 5/6 hours to 20 days.