Overview/Description Of Nurse Practitioners Essay Assignment Paper
Overview/Description Of Nurse Practitioners Essay Assignment Paper
Each advanced care provider role has specific core competencies specific to the specialization. Following are links to websites describing core competencies that are relevant to the South University College of Nursing and Public Health advanced practice role specializations:
• Indirect Care Provider Roles:
o Nurse Administrator
o Nurse Informaticst
o Nurse Educator
• Direct Care Provider Roles:
o NP (Adult, Gerontology, or Family Health)
To prepare for this assignment, review all core competencies and then provide a response in a 4 page paper (excluding the title and reference page) your review of these competencies considering the following:
• Compared and contrasted the core competencies of a direct care provider advanced role (Nurse Practitioners and indirect care provider advanced role. (Nurse administrator, informaticist or Nurse educator)
PLEASE SELECT ABVANCED NURSE PRACTITIONERS AND ONE OF (NURSE ADMINISTRATOR, INFORMATICIST OR NURSE educator)
• Analyze the similarities and differences in implementation of the competencies within the selected roles.
URLs to assist you in preparing your assignment:
• AACN for Nurse Informatics
• Adult-Gerontology NP Competencies
• AONE for Nurse Administrators/Executives
• Family NP Competencies
• NLN for Nurse Educators
• NONFP-NP Core Competencies and Content
• AANP Association for NPs
Utilized and cited two of the websites listed above in correct APA format in the body of the paper
Used correct spelling, grammar, and professional vocabulary. Cited all sources using APA format.
OVERVIEW/DESCRIPTION NURSE PRACTITIONERS
1-Advanced Practice Roles in Nursing:
o Compare and contrast the roles of the NP, nurse educator, nurse informaticist, and nurse administrator in advanced practice nursing pertaining to clinical practice, primary care, education, administration, and research.
2-Selected Advanced Practice Role: Select NP (NURSE PRACTITIONERS)
o Examine regulatory and legal requirements for the state in which you plan to practice. USE THE FLORIDA STATE
Describe the professional organizations available for membership based on your selected role. (YOU CAN USE CENTRO primary MEDICAL CARE with health care to elderly people with chronic diseases: such as hypertension, diabetic, hearth failure, arthritis etc. For example Baptist Health Primary Care look (https://baptisthealth.net/en/facilities/baptist-health-primary-care/pages/default.aspx)
o Identify required competencies, including certification requirements for your selected role.
o Predict the organization and setting, population, and colleagues with whom you plan to work.
3-Leadership Attributes of the Advanced Practice Role:
o Determine your leadership style (https://psychology.about.com/library/quiz/bl-leadershipquiz.htm).
Leadership Quiz: your results
Your results indicate that your leadership style is both: Authoritarian and Delegative
Authoritarian leaders provide clear expectations to group members on what should be done, when it should be completed, and how it should be accomplished. These leaders make decisions without input from group members. Authoritarian leadership is best used in situations when there is little time for group decision-making or when the leader is the one best equipped to solve the problem or give directions.
Overuse of an authoritarian style can be construed as bossy and controlling. Worst-case examples of this style can be seen when leaders utilize bullying techniques such as yelling, abusing power, or demeaning group members.
Delegative leaders allow group members to make decisions. This style is best used in situations where the leader needs to rely on qualified employees. The leader cannot be an expert in all situations, which is why it is important to delegate certain tasks out to knowledgeable and trustworthy employees.
Remember, good leaders utilize all three styles depending upon the situation. For example:
• Use an authoritarian style if a group member lacks knowledge about a certain procedure.
• Use a participative style with group members who understand the objectives and their role in the task.
• Use a delegative style if the group member knows more than you do about the task.
Great leaders need to adapt and change based upon the objectives, needs of group members, and situational factors.
o Identify leadership attributes you currently possess, and attributes you may need to develop.
o Determine how to attain and evaluate those missing attributes.
4-Health Policy and the Advanced Practice Role
• Visit the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (https://www.rwjf.org/en/about-rwjf/newsroom/features-and-articles/health-policy.html) and identify a health policy issue. Conduct a review of literature and address the following:
o Describe the current policy and what needs to change; justify your conclusions with citations from the literature.
o Provide the process required to make the change with key players and parties of interest.
o Explain how you could lead the effort to make or influence the change in policy.
Predict the effect on healthcare quality if the change in policy is implemented.
You can use your references theses only are Possible references for help you in my essay. You can use your own references.
About.com Psychology. (n.d.). Quiz – What’s your leadership style? Retrieved February 27th, 2015 from https://psychology.about.com/library/quiz/bl-leadershipquiz.htm
American Association of Nurse Practitioners. (2015). About AANP. Retrieved February 27th , 2015 from https://www.aanp.org/about-aanp
American Medical Informatics Association. (2015). Nursing Informatics. February 27th , 2015 from https://www.amia.org/programs/working-groups/nursing-informatics
DeNisco, S., & Barker, A. M. (2013). Advanced practice nursing: Evolving roles for the transformation of the profession. Burlington, Mass: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
Hamric, A., Hamson, C, M., Tracy, M. F., & O’Grady, E. T. (2014). Advanced practice nursing:
An Integrative Approach (5th Ed.). St, Louis, Missouri: Elsevier – Health Sciences
Katz, M.S. (2015). King v. Burwell: A Quick Take on a Crucial Case.New York Times. Retrieved on February 27th , 2015 from https://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/25/upshot/video-king-v-burwell-a-quick-take-on-a-crucial-case.html?_r=0&abt=0002&abg=0
Kourkouta1, L. and Papathanasiou, I. (2014). Communication in Nursing Practice.Journal of the Academy of Medical Sciences of Bosnia and Herzegovina.26 (1): 65–67 doi: 10.5455/msm.2014.26.65-67
New York State Education Department. (2015). License Requirements: Nurse Practitioner. Retrieved February 27 2015 from https://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/nurse/np.htm
Tate, N. J. (2013). Obamacare survival guide.West Palm Beach, FL :Humanix Books
The Nurse Practitioner Association New York State. (2015). 2015 New York State Legislative Priorities Retrieved February 27 2015 from https://www.thenpa.org/?page=LegislativeAgenda
Vestal, K. (2015). Nurse Leader. When A Leader Talks Who Listen? Retrieved January 4th , 2015.
Williams, R. A. (2011). Healthcare disparities at the crossroads with healthcare reform.New York, NY: Springer.
The time to relieve your academic stress is now. Never again should you struggle with your pressing nursing assignments when the best nursing essay writers got you covered. Our Top Nursing Essays writing service got your back!
If you need help with your nursing paper, We are your ultimate nursing assignment writing helper. Our professional top nursing paper writers are always ready to tackle even the hardest of nursing papers. Get in touch. Order today and Always.
Best site that aces nursing assignments and the best place to get top nursing essays done.
Our top nursing essay writers are well experienced in writing nursing papers and are thereby able to tackle any topic around Nursing, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Pedagogy, Gynecological, Medicine & Health, Healthcare, Nutrition, or Pharmacology.
We guarantee customer satisfaction to all our clients.
Order nursing papers crafted by our top nursing essay writers for a guaranteed A++ nursing paper.
Let our professional nursing paper writers be there for you. Our top nursing essay writing service comprises 100% Plagiarism-Free Papers, On-Time Delivery, 24/7 Support, and Full Confidentiality.
Factors that make us special:
- We handle assignments for all nursing courses. So, don’t worry about the topic of the essay you want, we are ready to help you with your assignment regardless of the course or topic.
- Our writers read, understand, and follow one by one, the instructions provided to deliver the most accurate essays. We offer the correct form and style of essays.
- You can be sure the paper will have proper references based on the type of citation style you choose.
- You can always work with the same writer you liked. You can include the writer’s ID in the order form and we will ensure your expectations are met. We have writers who are experienced in all areas of study.
- Affordable services. Relax! we are not expensive, by the way, our prices are fair for the writers, but affordable to you as a customer. We will offer you a discount to try our services. Become part of our loyalty discount program by coming back for more and more services.
- We have a very flexible pricing system. The good news is that we let you choose from five quality levels, from High School to Ph.D. We also let you choose from different deadlines, from 5/6 hours to 20 days.