Portion of the Health Promotion Project Custom Paper Essay Assignment Paper
Portion of the Health Promotion Project Custom Paper Essay Assignment Paper
The following is the template to be used for the Article Review (Part 2, Step 1) portion of the Health Promotion Project.
Primary/Secondary Research Study -OR- Integrative Review
1. A primary or secondary research study is one that reports on data and findings from ONLY ONE study. A primary study is based on the initial aims of the research. A secondary study is one that uses research data from a previous study to answer new study aims or purposes. Primary and secondary studies can be laboratory experiments, clinical trials, case-control studies, cohort studies, survey research, methodological studies, or evaluation research. Students DO NOT have to identify if it is a primary or secondary study.
2. An integrative study is one that summarizes or draws conclusions from MORE THAN ONE primary/secondary study. These studies are often called meta-analyses, systematic reviews, or research syntheses.
Please do not use other types of journal articles, including consensus statements, case studies, clinical protocols, editorials, and letters to the editor. If you are unsure about whether or not your article is acceptable, please email it to the course coordinator for confirmation.
PURPOSE: (12 points)
Three criteria: (1) background information; (2) study purpose; (3) population under study
In one paragraph, describe the purpose(s) or aim(s) of the study and the population under study. Also include a brief description of the relevant background information (author’s introduction section and/or review of literature).
FINDINGS: (12 points)
Three criteria: (1) major findings; (2) study limitations; (3) clinical implications
In one paragraph, describe the major findings of the study. Also include a description of the study limitations and the author’s stated clinical implications.
PRACTICE: (12 points)
Three criteria: (1) implementation; (2) benefit; (3) evaluation
In one paragraph, describe how a nurse might implement the findings into clinical practice and what benefit it may have for the population of concern. Also provide an explanation on how the nurse would evaluate the effectiveness of implementation.
The following is a sample paper
Health Assessment & Promotion
Health Promotion/Disease Prevention/Wellness Project Article Review Example
Fazeli , P. L., Marceaux, J. C., Vance, D. E., Slater, L., & Long, C. A. (2011). Predictors of cognition in adults with HIV: Implications for nursing practice and research. Journal of Neuroscience Nursing, 43(1), 36-50. doi:10.1097/JNN.0b013e3182029790
TYPE OF ARTICLE:
Primary/Secondary Research Study
People with HIV are living longer due to advances in antiretroviral treatment. However, due to the effects of HIV disease, HIV-positive individuals are experiencing declines in cognitive function at early ages than HIV-uninfected individuals. The purpose of the study was to determine possible predictors of cognitive performance in adults living with HIV. Ninety-eight adults, aged 24 to 67, participated in the study. Of the sample, 71% were men and 69% were African-American. Cognitive performance was measured in five areas: speed of processing, psychomotor ability, attention and working memory, reasoning, and executive function. General predictors that were examined included age, gender, socioeconomic status, reading ability, social networks, hardiness, mood disturbance, medical problems, psychoactive drug use. HIV-related predictors included HIV chronicity (years living with HIV), CD4 cell count, and HIV medication usage.
Among the sample of 98 HIV-positive adults, the most consistent predictors of poorer cognition among people living with HIV were older age (speed of processing, psychomotor ability, reasoning, and executive function), poor reading ability (speed of processing, attention and working memory, and executive function), depressed mood (speed of processing, psychomotor speed, and reasoning), low CD4 count (reasoning and executive functioning), and lack of HIV medication usage (psychomotor speed and reasoning). Limitations of the study included: (1) self-report of CD4 cell count and psychoactive drug use that may have resulted in self-reporting bias; (2) restricted age range of the sample; and (3) no inclusion of a medication adherence measure. According to the authors, nurses are the key to recognizing cognitive changes in patients with HIV due to their close proximity to patients. They can then act promptly to help stabilize and improve cognitive functioning through educating about medication adherence, promoting general health and well-being, and providing activities that promote new learning.
Adults living with HIV may experience cognitive decline at earlier ages than adults that are not HIV infected. As such, it is imperative that nurses assess cognitive function and look for cognitive changes in patients living with HIV. In addition, the nurse can intervene in several ways that may help maintain and or improve cognitive function in adults living with HIV. First, as lack of HIV medication usage was related to lower cognitive function, the nurse can work with the patient to promote adherence to antiretroviral medication usage. Effectiveness of medication adherence can be determined through laboratory results, as effective medication usage will lead to increased CD4 cell count and lowered (to hopefully undetectable) viral load. The second is to promote general psychological well-being as depressed mood also affected cognitive function. This can be done through appropriate therapy referrals, support groups, and, if needed, pharmacotherapy for depression treatment. Computerized cognitive tests, such as those used in the study, can be used to assess cognition and changes in cognition due to implementation of such therapies.
The following is my topic that I need to get the research paper for;
I would like to base my research on the elderly population diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I would like to research the impact of insulin with regards to glucagon in regulating and controlling blood sugar levels
The time to relieve your academic stress is now. Never again should you struggle with your pressing nursing assignments when the best nursing essay writers got you covered. Our Top Nursing Essays writing service got your back!
If you need help with your nursing paper, We are your ultimate nursing assignment writing helper. Our professional top nursing paper writers are always ready to tackle even the hardest of nursing papers. Get in touch. Order today and Always.
Best site that aces nursing assignments and the best place to get top nursing essays done.
Our top nursing essay writers are well experienced in writing nursing papers and are thereby able to tackle any topic around Nursing, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Pedagogy, Gynecological, Medicine & Health, Healthcare, Nutrition, or Pharmacology.
We guarantee customer satisfaction to all our clients.
Order nursing papers crafted by our top nursing essay writers for a guaranteed A++ nursing paper.
Let our professional nursing paper writers be there for you. Our top nursing essay writing service comprises 100% Plagiarism-Free Papers, On-Time Delivery, 24/7 Support, and Full Confidentiality.
Factors that make us special:
- We handle assignments for all nursing courses. So, don’t worry about the topic of the essay you want, we are ready to help you with your assignment regardless of the course or topic.
- Our writers read, understand, and follow one by one, the instructions provided to deliver the most accurate essays. We offer the correct form and style of essays.
- You can be sure the paper will have proper references based on the type of citation style you choose.
- You can always work with the same writer you liked. You can include the writer’s ID in the order form and we will ensure your expectations are met. We have writers who are experienced in all areas of study.
- Affordable services. Relax! we are not expensive, by the way, our prices are fair for the writers, but affordable to you as a customer. We will offer you a discount to try our services. Become part of our loyalty discount program by coming back for more and more services.
- We have a very flexible pricing system. The good news is that we let you choose from five quality levels, from High School to Ph.D. We also let you choose from different deadlines, from 5/6 hours to 20 days.