Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Essay Assignment Paper
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Essay Assignment Paper
Jennifer S. is an Army veteran of Operation Freedom. Since returning home, Jennifer has suffered from recurrent headaches, ringing in her ears, difficulty focusing, and dizziness. In addition soon after returning home, she began to experience moments of panic when in open spaces, flashbacks reliving the blast and the death of fellow soldiers, feelings of emotional numbness and depression, and being easily startled. She was placed on medical leave and diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and is currently being seen by a psychiatrist at the VA hospital. Her husband understands the concept of PTSD but is unprepared to handle his wife’s deteriorating condition.
Recently, Jennifer was seen at the local urgent care center for recurrent headaches, complaints of shortness of breath, and chest pain. Her husband informed the urgent care nurse that for the past four weeks his wife has been unable to care for the children, remains in bed, complaining of headaches, and is very ‘jumpy’.
The nurse refers Jennifer to a Public Health Nurse from the Veterans Affairs Center realizing that returning veterans with PTSD and their families face an array of challenges, with implications for the veterans, their partners, and their children.
Key elements of the nurse’s assessment are as follows:
Jennifer is 33 year old woman who enlisted in ROTC in college where she majored in Journalism. Upon graduation, she obtained a position in the Army as public affairs broadcast specialist. Her first assignment was at a base in upstate New York but three years ago she was relocated to the St. Louis, Missouri area. Jennifer has been with the same partner for 14 years and they have 2 children ages 6 and 13. Cameron is 10 years old and entering middle school and Zeta is 6 years old and in kindergarten. Jennifer and her wife, Sara, married two years ago when same sex marriages became legal. Sara works as a civil engineer in the St Louis area. Both Jennifer and Sara come from large families who reside in the Boston area. Jennifer’s family is Portuguese and Sara’s is Irish Catholic. While Jennifer was deployed, her mother moved in with Sara and the girls to provide additional support and child care.
One year ago Jennifer was deployed to Afghanistan on a six month assignment to report on the events of the war: she thought she had a ‘safe’ assignment. While working on a story in the field an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) exploded near her: two soldiers and 4 citizens were killed including one child. Although she was unhurt, she was unable to sleep after this event. Upon returning stateside, she began experiencing vivid nightmares, sleeplessness, survivor guilt, and depression. She was recently diagnosed with PTSD and is attempting to find a support group and counseling. Unfortunately, she has found that treatment for female veterans is limited and the family continues to struggle.
Answer these questions:
1. Describe the health disparities present in this family and the impact PTSD has had on Jennifer herself as well as her family and community.
2. Discuss a current state and federal legislation program which addresses returning veterans’ health issues.
3. Describe the political advocacy role community/public health nurses have in addressing veterans’ health disparities.
For Reference use: Stanhope, M., & Lancaster, J. (2014). Public health nursing: Population-centered health care in the community (8th Ed.).
Chapter 27: Family development and family nursing assessment
Chapter 28: Family Health Risks
The time to relieve your academic stress is now. Never again should you struggle with your pressing nursing assignments when the best nursing essay writers got you covered. Our Top Nursing Essays writing service got your back!
If you need help with your nursing paper, We are your ultimate nursing assignment writing helper. Our professional top nursing paper writers are always ready to tackle even the hardest of nursing papers. Get in touch. Order today and Always.
Best site that aces nursing assignments and the best place to get top nursing essays done.
Our top nursing essay writers are well experienced in writing nursing papers and are thereby able to tackle any topic around Nursing, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Pedagogy, Gynecological, Medicine & Health, Healthcare, Nutrition, or Pharmacology.
We guarantee customer satisfaction to all our clients.
Order nursing papers crafted by our top nursing essay writers for a guaranteed A++ nursing paper.
Let our professional nursing paper writers be there for you. Our top nursing essay writing service comprises 100% Plagiarism-Free Papers, On-Time Delivery, 24/7 Support, and Full Confidentiality.
Factors that make us special:
- We handle assignments for all nursing courses. So, don’t worry about the topic of the essay you want, we are ready to help you with your assignment regardless of the course or topic.
- Our writers read, understand, and follow one by one, the instructions provided to deliver the most accurate essays. We offer the correct form and style of essays.
- You can be sure the paper will have proper references based on the type of citation style you choose.
- You can always work with the same writer you liked. You can include the writer’s ID in the order form and we will ensure your expectations are met. We have writers who are experienced in all areas of study.
- Affordable services. Relax! we are not expensive, by the way, our prices are fair for the writers, but affordable to you as a customer. We will offer you a discount to try our services. Become part of our loyalty discount program by coming back for more and more services.
- We have a very flexible pricing system. The good news is that we let you choose from five quality levels, from High School to Ph.D. We also let you choose from different deadlines, from 5/6 hours to 20 days.