Rise of HIV/AIDS & STD’s in North Carolina Essay Assignment Paper
Rise of HIV/AIDS & STD’s in North Carolina Essay Assignment Paper
Chamberlain College of Nursing NR443 Community Health Nursing
NR443 Qualitative and Quantitative Evaluation Methods 9/27/12 mm 1
Q UALITATIVE AND Q UANTITATIVE EVALUATION METHODS
For the final assignment in NR 443: Community Health Nursing, you will need to utilize a qualitative or
quantitative evaluation method to evalua te your proposed intervention.
Qualitative evaluation techniques generally are subjective data and can include methods such as:
• observation methods
• focus groups
• other non -statistical data
If your proposed intervention is relat ed to childhood obesity, you may want to interview the children
pre and post intervention to see if their attitude about food and health has changed. This would be a
qualitative evaluation method.
For the same intervention, you want to have a focus group with pre and post intervention with parents
to see if their children’s attitudes about food have changed. This would be a qualitative evaluation
Quantitative evaluation techniques generally are objective data and can include methods such as:
• physiologic data
• statistical analysis
Your proposed intervention is the same as the example above, but instead of an interview, you would
like to measure the children’s weight pre and post your intervention. This would be a quantitative
Another example of a quantitative evaluation method would be having a pre and posttest on healthy
foods and importance of exercise. You would compare the pre intervention test results with the post to
measure if your intervention was effective.
NR443 Guidelines for Caring for Populations
Milestone 3: Intervention and Evaluation
The purpose of this PowerPoint presentation is to provide an opportunity to develop a community health nursing intervention and evaluation tool for your identified community health problem (described in Milestone 2: Assessment and Diagnosis) and identify the components of the nursing process as it applies to a community or population.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
CO #2. Integrate clinical judgment in professional decision-making and implementation of the nursing process through analysis of community health nursing practice. (PO #4)
CO #6. Recognize effective nursing skills and collaborative techniques used with consumers and other healthcare providers within all levels of healthcare. (PO #2)
CO #8. Incorporate evidence-based practice in the planning of professional nursing care to individuals, families, aggregates, and communities. (PO #8)
Submit your assignment to the appropriate basket in the Dropbox by 11:59 p.m. MT Sunday of Week 6.
POINTS: 250 Points
You are a Community/Public Health Nurse (C/PHN) working in your setting of choice. You have identified a community health problem and have analyzed the data collected from your windshield survey and assessment & diagnosis assignments (the first two milestones). You have decided on one nursing intervention and need your organization’s approval for funding of this intervention. Your leadership team has agreed to listen to your proposal.
• Choose a community health nurse setting. Some examples of settings are school nurse, parish nurse, home health nurse, nurse working in the health department (be specific to what area in the health department, e.g., WIC, STD clinic, health promotion, maternal-child health, etc.)
• Introduction: Introduce the identified problem, the purpose of the presentation, and reiterate at least one or two important findings that demonstrate this problem in your community (average of 1–2 slides)
• Proposed Intervention: Propose one community health nursing intervention that would address one or more of the major direct or indirect factors that contribute to the problem. Keep in mind the Public Health Intervention Wheel (Nies & McEwen, p. 14, figure 1-3) as your framework (average of 3-4 slides). Your intervention needs to be specific:
o Who is your target population?
o Where is this intervention taking place?
o Will it take place one time or multiple times?
o How will you reach out to your target population?
? How will you get your target population involved?
o What is the CH Nurses role in this intervention?
o Will you collaborate with anyone (e.g., physician’s office, church, local resources, etc.?)
o Is anyone else involved besides yourself (C/PHN)?
? If yes, are they paid or volunteers?
o What level(s) of prevention is your intervention addressing (primary, secondary and/or tertiary prevention)?
• Intervention Justification: Justify why the problem and your nursing interventions should be a priority.
o Based on what you have found in the literature, discuss why these interventions are expected to be effective. Include summarized information from at least two professional scholarly sources related to your interventions (average of 2-3 slides).
• Proposed Evaluation: Your presentation must include at least one proposed quantitative or qualitative evaluation method that you would use to determine whether your intervention is effective. It should include the method you would use along with desired outcomes. Outcome measurement is a crucial piece when implementing interventions. There is a helpful tool in Doc Sharing to assist you with understanding qualitative and quantitative methods of evaluation. (average of 2-3 slides)
o Include discussion about the long-term and short-term impact on your community if the intervention is successful. Keep in mind your desired outcomes when analyzing the evaluation.
• Summary: The summary should reiterate the main points of the presentation and conclude with what you are asking to be accomplished, e.g., “Based on ABC, it is imperative our community has XYZ. Thank you for your consideration.”
• In addition to the slides described above, your presentation should include a title slide, and reference slide. Remember, you are presenting to your leadership team, so the slides should include the most important elements for them to know in short bullet pointed phrases. You may add additional comments in the notes section to clarify information for your instructor.
• Application: Use Microsoft PowerPoint 2010.
• Length: The PowerPoint slide show is expected to be no more than 20 slides in length (not including the title slide and reference list slide).
• Submission: Submit your files via the basket in the Dropbox: “Caring for Populations: Intervention and Evaluation” by 11:59 p.m. Sunday of Week 6.
• Save the assignment with your last name in the file title. Example: “Smith Intervention and Evaluation”
• Late Submission: See the course policy on late submissions.
• Tutorial: If needed, Microsoft Office has many templates and tutorials to help you get started.
BEST PRACTICES IN PREPARING POWERPOINT
The following are best practices in preparing this project:
• Be creative, but realistic with your intervention and evaluation tool.
• Incorporate graphics, clip art or photographs to increase interest.
• Slides should be easy to read with short bullet points and large font.
• Review directions thoroughly.
• Cite all sources within the slide show as well as on the reference page.
• Proofread prior to final submission.
• Spell check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
• Abide by the CCN academic integrity policy.
Grading Rubric: Caring for Populations: Intervention and Evaluation (250 points)
Outstanding or highest level of performance B
Very good or high level of performance C
Competent or satisfactory level of performance F
Poor or failing or unsatisfactory level of performance Pts
10 points Presentation includes at least one slide that introduces the problem and significant findings in the community
(9–10 points) Problem is introduced but lacks support with findings
(8 points) Supportive findings discussed but problem identification not clear.
(7 points) Problem is not introduced and does not have significant community findings
(0–6 points) /10
85 points One community health nursing intervention is proposed that would address one or more of the major direct or indirect factors that contribute to the problem. Intervention includes specifics:
*Where is this intervention taking place?”
*Will it take place one time or multiple times?
*How will you reach your target population?
*How will you involve your target population? Will you collaborate with anyone (e.g., physician’s office, church, local resources, etc.)
CHN role? Is anyone else involved besides yourself (C/PHN)?
*What level(s) of prevention are you addressing?
*Community setting is clear.
(78–85 points) One intervention is proposed but is missing one or two specific details.
(71–77 points) Intervention is missing more than two specific details.
(65–70 points) Intervention is not proposed or insufficient.
(0–64 points) /85
Intervention justification and application of evidence-based literature
30 points Includes at least one slide that discusses why this intervention should be a priority based on two scholarly findings. Two or more quality references from professional literature are cited that clearly support your rationale.
(28–30 points) Includes slide stating why the intervention should be a priority. Two references cited but information in the reference may be biased or not directly relevant to your rationale.
(25–27 points) Intervention justification inadequate or fewer than two references cited.
(23–24 points) Lacks slide on intervention justification. No references cited.
(0–22 points) /30
85 points Presentation includes at least one proposed quantitative or qualitative evaluation method and desired outcomes. Long-term and short-term impact on your community if the intervention is “successful” discussed.
(78–85 points) At least one evaluation method described but lacks discussion on long and short-term impact on community
(71–77 points) Long and short term impact on community discussed, but evaluation method unclear.
(65–70 points) Presentation lacks clear evaluation method and future impact.
(0–64 points) /85
20 points Includes at least one summary slide that reiterates the problem and purpose of the presentation.
(19–20 points) Summary does not clearly reiterate the problem OR purpose.
(17–18 points) Lacks reiteration of problem AND purpose.
(15–16 points) Summary slide not present.
(0–14 points) /20
10 points Presentation is presented in a clear and logical manner. PowerPoint is appealing to the eye and includes creativity. Font is easy to read.
(9–10 points) Presentation is accurate and covers most elements but lacks creativity.
(8 points) Presentation lacks flow and creativity or is difficult to follow. (7 points) Presentation lacks any attempt at organization and comes across as chaotic.
(0–6 points) /10
10 points Includes title slide (1)
Grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure are correct. (3)
References properly cited within the paper (2)
Reference page includes all citations. (2)
Evidence of spell and grammar check. (2)
(9–10 points) Title slide incomplete
Minimal errors in grammar, punctuation and/or sentence structure noted
Citations are present but not in correct format
References are present, with minimal errors in format
(8 points) Missing title slide
Multiple grammar and punctuation errors noted
(7 points) Title slide and citations are missing
References are missing or incomplete
No evidence of proof-reading prior to submitting paper
(0–6 points) /10
Total points: /250
The time to relieve your academic stress is now. Never again should you struggle with your pressing nursing assignments when the best nursing essay writers got you covered. Our Top Nursing Essays writing service got your back!
If you need help with your nursing paper, We are your ultimate nursing assignment writing helper. Our professional top nursing paper writers are always ready to tackle even the hardest of nursing papers. Get in touch. Order today and Always.
Best site that aces nursing assignments and the best place to get top nursing essays done.
Our top nursing essay writers are well experienced in writing nursing papers and are thereby able to tackle any topic around Nursing, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Pedagogy, Gynecological, Medicine & Health, Healthcare, Nutrition, or Pharmacology.
We guarantee customer satisfaction to all our clients.
Order nursing papers crafted by our top nursing essay writers for a guaranteed A++ nursing paper.
Let our professional nursing paper writers be there for you. Our top nursing essay writing service comprises 100% Plagiarism-Free Papers, On-Time Delivery, 24/7 Support, and Full Confidentiality.
Factors that make us special:
- We handle assignments for all nursing courses. So, don’t worry about the topic of the essay you want, we are ready to help you with your assignment regardless of the course or topic.
- Our writers read, understand, and follow one by one, the instructions provided to deliver the most accurate essays. We offer the correct form and style of essays.
- You can be sure the paper will have proper references based on the type of citation style you choose.
- You can always work with the same writer you liked. You can include the writer’s ID in the order form and we will ensure your expectations are met. We have writers who are experienced in all areas of study.
- Affordable services. Relax! we are not expensive, by the way, our prices are fair for the writers, but affordable to you as a customer. We will offer you a discount to try our services. Become part of our loyalty discount program by coming back for more and more services.
- We have a very flexible pricing system. The good news is that we let you choose from five quality levels, from High School to Ph.D. We also let you choose from different deadlines, from 5/6 hours to 20 days.